ANDHRA PRADESH INDUSTRIAL INFRASTRUCTURE CORPORATION LTD. (APIIC)
DEPARTMENT PROFILE :
Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation Ltd. was formed in 1973 by the GO No: 831 dated 10-SEP-1973 issued by Government of Andhra Pradesh. The order of GO is as follows.
- From the Director of Industries letter No.488/PS/71, dated 21-12-1971.
- From the Director of Industries letter No.123/PS/72, dated 09-03-1972.
- From the Director of Industries letter No.280/PS/72, dated 31-05-1972.
- From the Secretary, Planning Commission letter No. I & L(E)18.1/73, dated 05-05-1973.
- From the Director of Industries letter No.203/PS/73, dated 16-05-1973.
- The Government have been considering for some time past the proposal of the Director of Industries, for the establishment of a separate Corporation for the Development of Industrial Infrastructure for the speedy promotion and development of Industrial Growth in the State.
- The Government accept the proposal of the Director of Industries and they accord sanction for the establishment of a separate Corporation in the State for this purpose, under the Companies Act. The New Corporation shall be named as “Corporation for Industrial Infrastructure in Andhra Pradesh” (C.I.A.P.).
- The Corporation shall be registered as a Joint Stock Company under the Companies Act.
- The Managing Director of the Corporation shall be an I.A.S. Officer in the super-time scale, orders appointing the Managing Director and nominating the Chairman and other Directors will issue separately.
- The term of office of the Directors including the Chairman shall be for a period of two years from the date of appointment.
- The corpus of assets of the Corporation shall consist of all the existing industrial development areas, industrial estates, assisted private industrial estates and industrial complexes as well as those under implementation. The Government therefore, hereby sanction the transfer of all such industrial estates/areas belonging to the Government in the Industries Department to the Corporation along with the Department and temporary structures. The Director of Industries should furnish to Government a list of such estates/areas transferred.
- The revenues accruing from the said estates / areas by way of rental, hire charges, interest etc. shall also be transferred to the Corporation.
- All the funds provided and the value of Assets so transferred shall be the Government’s contribution towards the Share Capital of the Corporation. The valuation of the Assets should be the market value to be evaluated by the Collectors.
- As regards officers and staff to man the Corporation the Government direct that all the existing staff and officers under the Directorate of Industries employed in the said industrial estates/areas and the staff working in the units there under shall be transferred to the new corporation initially on terms of deputation. The Director of Industries should furnish to Government the personnel so transferred for issue of separate orders. The Director of Industries should complete the details of transfer and terms and conditions therefor within a month, keeping in view all legal aspects of the matter.
- The Director of Industries is requested to finalise the draft Memorandum and Articles of Association, obtain the Government’s approval thereof and get the Corporation registered expeditiously.
- This order issues with the concurrence of finance Department vide U.O.No.3171/FSP/73, dt.6.9.1973.
In pursuance of the above GO, Main objectives to be pursued on incorporation are:
- To formulate, promote, finance, aid, assist, establish, manage and control schemes, projects or programmers, to provide and develop infrastructure facilities, including factory sites, factory sheds, godowns, marketing facilities, warehouses facilities of communications, power, water drainage, housing, hospitals and other medical and health and educational institutions and other services of any description in order to promote and assist the rapid and orderly establishment, growth and development of industries and commerce in the State o Andhra Pradesh.
- To aid, assist, promote and finance industries set up in the factory sheds constructed or factory sites developed by the Company, whether owned or run by Government, statutory body, co-operatives, company, firm or individual or others and to provide them with capita, credit, means and resources for the prosecution of their work and business and to enable them to develop and improve their management, production and marketing techniques.
- To implement schemes of incentives (financial and otherwise), subsidies and the like formulated by the Government of Andhra Pradesh, Government of India or other authorities or institutions and to administer such schemes in incentives as may be devised by the company from time to time in the interest of the establishment and development of industries and commerce in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- To carry on the business of hire purchase in, or to enter into hire purchase agreements with respect to the purchase and sole of, any goods, plant and machinery, tools and implements as aforesaid with any person, association, society or other body corporate on such terms and conditions as may be lawful.
- To promote, establish, improve, develop, administer, own and run Tools Rooms, Pattern Shops Service Shops, Repair Shops or Work Shops to maintain, repair, refine, manipulate, alter or improve any plant, machinery, implements, accessories, appliances, apparatus, tools, goods or things of any description capable of being used by any customer of or person having dealings with the Company, or commonly dealt in by persons engages in any such business which may seem capable of being profitably dealt with by the Company and to manufacture, import, export, buy sell or otherwise deal in workshop machinery of all kinds.
- To undertake such other activities, industrial, commercial or financial, which will create conditions conducive to the growth of industries in the State of Andhra Pradesh.