Micro & Small Enterprises – Cluster Development Programme (MSE-CDP)
The programme was launched by the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Government of India (GoI). Cluster can be defined as a number of enterprises that practice and produce the same products and services. The main characteristics of the enterprises in a cluster are mentioned below:
- They have similar opportunities and challenges.
- The channels for communication under a cluster are similar.
- Marketing and technological strategies are the same.
- Pollution control, energy consumption, quality control and testing, methods of production, etc., are similar.
- Development of infrastructure
- Establishment of Common Facility Centers
- Marketing Hubs / Exhibition Centers by Associations
- Thematic Interventions
- Support to State Innovative Cluster Development Programme
Procedure to apply
Applications for the MSE-CDP can be submitted online. Hard applications must be sent via State Governments, or Ministry of MSME field institutes, or autonomous bodies of the State Government. However, the Steering Committee of the MSE-CDP must approve the applications for them to be processed.