Factory Plan Approval
Guidelines For Submission of Plans:
- Plans shall be prepared and sent by a qualified engineer/ draughts-man and duly signed by him and also by the applicant.
- Site plan drawn to a metric scale of 1400 / 800 / 1200 showing the details of neighborhood, location of all buildings/ sheds, plant and machinery, storages, etc., access road indicating its width. The site plans should indicate front, rear and side set-backs clearly along with extent of site purchased for establishing the industry.
- North direction shall be indicated in the site plan.
- Detailed building plan, elevation and sectional views of the proposed factory sheds/ buildings, plant and machinery, storages, etc., drawn to scale 1100 showing the layout and type of machinery proposed to be installed in the particular shed with proposed Horse Power.
- All dimensions shall be in metric system only.
Standard norms for the building / Sheds and Installation of Machinery:
- The minimum height of the building in which the machinery / equipment is to be installed should not be less than 4.27 mt (14 feet) and height of Office rooms, go-downs, stores etc., should not be less than 3.65 m (12 feet).
- There should be a clear moving space of 0.9 m (3 feet) from machine to machine and machine to wall.
- Ridge roof ventilator with an opening of 0.9 mts (3 feet) width and 0.6 m (2 feet) height or sufficient number of turbo ventilators of adequate size and capacity to ensure industrial ventilation as per Indian Standard Code shall be provided over roofing of all the work halls. In case of north light glazing an air gap of at least 0.3 m (1 foot) should be provided between top of glazing and the roof of sheeting. Also the north light glazing should invariably face north.
- The building should have masonry walls. If A.C sheet or metal sheets are used as cladding they should be fixed in the form of louvers. Vertical cladding of not more than 1 metre is permissible.
- Sizes of doors and windows should not be less than 1.2 X 2.1 mts (4′ X 7′) and 0.9 X 1.5 mts (3′ X 5′) respectively. Ventilators should be 0.9 X 0.45 mts (3′ X 11/2′). The doors and windows should be so spaced that they should not be located at a distance of more than 3 mts (10 feet) from centre. All windows should be fixed with their lower sill level at 0.9 mts (3 feet) or less from the floor level. All doors should have shutters opening outwards except when they are of sliding or rolling type.
- In case any the minimum height at eaves of any machinery shed or building is more than 6 mts (20 feet), a second set of windows should be provided directly above each door and window. These second set of windows should not be less than 1.2 X 0.9 mts (4′ X 3′) in size.
- There shall be atleast 3.05 mts (10 feet) clear space between shed to shed/ building. Further, a clear space 3.05 mts (10 feet) should be maintained between the building and adjoining compound wall.
- Veranda will be permitted on one side only. Width of veranda should not exceed 3.65 mts (12 feet) and the height of the veranda at the eaves not less than 3.65 mts (12 feet) No machines, equipment shall be installed in the veranda. Veranda shall not be used as a place of storage, which could block the windows etc.
- Toilets, Urinals separately for men and women, should be provided away from the main work place. The number of toilets/ urinals proposed to be provided shall be shown in the site plan and their number shall not be less than number stipulated under the Telangana. Factory Rules. Generally one toilet seat for every 20 workers to be provided.
- A minimum of two exits shall be provided to each of the manufacturing buildings. In case of manufacturing buildings / go-downs / stores, good number of exits should be provided in such a manner to ensure that in case of emergency a person need not travel a distance of more than 30 mts to get out of the building.
- Every factory shall be constructed with masonary walls of bricks, stone or other suitable material. The roofing materials used shall be of non heat radiating and fire resistant type. Any other special requirements in respect of building specific to the manufacturing process should be implemented.
- Mechanical exhaust arrangements, dust collection systems etc., should be provided wherever necessary.
- If there are any residential developments near or around the site within the radius of 400 mts, the applicant has to furnish no objection certificate from the residents/ local authorities.
- Ownership documents of the site and if the site is taken on lease the copy of registered lease deed is to be furnished in case of private plants and position certificate in case of APIIC allotment.
The following welfare amenities shall be shown in the plans of Factories depending on the number of employees proposed to be employed therein:
- If the woman employment exceeds 30, creche shall be provided as per standards prescribed under Rule 73 of Telangana, Factories Rules, 1950.
- If the employment exceeds 150, rest room and lunch room shall be provided as per standards prescribed under Rule 72 of Telangana, Factories Rules, 1950.
- If the employment exceeds 250 : canteen shall be provided as per standards prescribed under Rules 65 – 71 of Telangana, Factories Rules, 1950
- If the employment exceeds 500 : Ambulance room shall be provided as per standards prescribed under Rule 64 of Telangana, Factories Rules, 1950.
- In case of factories carrying out hazardous process, an occupational health center shall be provided as per scale prescribed in Rule 61 (SC) B of Telangana, Factories Rules, 1950.