Application for Electricity Connection:
- The Proponent shall submit Application on-line through TS-iPASS (https://ipass.telangana.gov.in).
- The applications are pre-scrutinized online at TS-iPASS to verify that the application is in full form with all required enclosures.
- The deficiencies in the application will be informed by the scrutinizing officers to the applicant.
Processing of the Application:
- On receipt of the application, the Registering authority shall scrutinize the application along with the supporting documents.
- If the application is found to be in order, the feasibility assessment will be carried out to ascertain whether electricity connection can be provided.
- Post feasibility assessment, estimation will be carried out. Post estimation connection charges is ascertained for providing electricity connection. After estimation is carried out on payment of fees an approval copy will be sent to the applicant.
- The applicant can decide whether to carry out the work through electricity department in which case electricity department will collect 100% of the charges and issue tender for the work to be carried out.
- In case the applicant decides to carry out work on turnkey basis (hiring own contactor to carry out work), 10% of charges has to be paid to electricity department for supervisory charges and work can be carried out.
- Post completion of extension works a work completion certificate along with CEIG certificate (For above 650 V connections) / Self certification form (for connections up-to 650 V) has to be submitted to the authorities.
- On receiving the work completion certificate an inspection will be carried out post which electricity will be released.
Checklist of Documents to be submitted with the Application:
- Identification Proof
- Ownership Document of the property
Timelines for Approval:
- Where Right of Way is not required : 7 days
- Where Right of Way is required : 15 days