- Skill India was launched in 2015 by the Central Government
- There are 5 main schemes for skill development in India
- PMKVY is the flagship scheme for skill development
- Trained Indians can secure jobs in related fields
- The Skill India scheme is a smart initiative that works toward the development of the country as a whole.
Objectives of The Skill India Programme
The main objective of the Skill India programme is to provide adequate training in market-relevant skills to over 40 crore youth by 2022. It also aims to create opportunities for the development of talent within the country and improve the overall scope and space for underdeveloped sectors. It does so with assistance from the National Skill Development Corporation or NSDC.
List Of Skill India Courses
Various courses are broadly divided into 5 main categories for Skill India courses, which include:
- Management and development programmes: Financial statement analysis, modern office practice, marketing for managers, etc.
- Training of trainer: Accreditation program for EM trainers, technology infusion, etc.
- Entrepreneurship development programmes: Women EDP, women empowerment, CRR scheme, etc.
- Skill development programmes: Dairy based ESDP, carpentry, electroplating, fashion designing, etc.
- Other skills: Promotion of micro-enterprises, cluster development, lending strategies for MSMEs, etc.
Are the Schemes for Skill Development Launched By Government of India
The schemes for skill development in India are as follows:
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP)
- Standard Training Assessment and Reward Scheme (STAR)
- Polytechnic Schemes
- Vocationalization of Education