As per the Factory Act, 1948. Every business before commencement of business must register their premises with the local authorities. Factory License acts as a document of approval given by authorities to carry out manufacturing activities. Department of the Factories and Boilers issues Factory License. It is the duty of Factories and Boilers Department to keep a check on the health, safety and welfare of workers.
Factories Act 1948, says that Every factory must obtain its building plan approval from the labor and employment department before covering themselves for a factory registration. Under this act, registration and renewal of the Factory license are also done to ensure the safety of workers.
Procedure for Obtaining Factory Licences:
- The applicant applies for Registration and Grant of License online.
- Application is then received by the officer concerned.
- The officer then scrutinizes the application and the documents uploaded by the applicant for correctness.
- Upon finding the application satisfactory, an online request for payment of license fee is raised by the officer.
- Upon receipt of the license fee, the factory will be inspected by the concerned officer.
- Upon satisfactory completion of inspection, license is granted.
- The user can then download the digitally signed license.
- In case of shortfall at scrutiny level, a query is raised through the portal, after which the applicant can respond to the query either by providing remarks or by uploading documents called for.
- In case the shortfall is not responded satisfactorily, the application is rejected, with due reasons.
- In case of shortfall at inspection level, the application is rejected with due reasons.
- In case of rejected applications, an appeal can be made through the online system, after duly rectifying the reasons mentioned for rejection.
Documents Required for Registration:
- Photograph of Establishment
- Identity Proof
- DIN or PAN Card
- Treasury Challan/Bank Name